Proudly serving New York ∗ Brooklyn ∗ Long Island ∗ Commercial ∗ Residential ∗ Municipal
Commercial Fire Extinguisher Services
Each kind of fire extinguisher is classified by a different letter on its canister. The A is usually in a green triangle, the B is in a red rectangle and the C is in a blue circle. Below are the most common types of fire extinguishers we carry for commercial use.
Fire Extinguishers we carry
Standard ABC Fire Extinguishers
CO2 (Class C) Fire Extinguishers
Halotron/Clean Agent Fire Extinguishers
Dry Powder (Class D) Fire Extinguishers
Automatic Fire Extinguishers
Wheeled Fire Extinguishers
Class K Fire Extinguishers for kitchen fires involving cooking oil, grease and/or fats
Spot Protection Fire Extinguishers
- Manufactured to meet UL’s rigorous standards for commercial hazard protection and backed by our manufacturer’s warranty.
- Anodized metal & brass valve assemblies for superior strength and corrosion resistance.
- Industrial grade steel & aluminum cylinders with polyester powder coating designed to withstand harsh environments & rough usage.
- Metal pull pins, vehicle brackets and wall hooks for extended unit service life.
- The extinguisher nameplate incorporates bilingual operating and maintenance instructions. Available in English/Spanish & English/French.
- Color-coded gauges show operating status at-a-glance.
- Extinguishers have model and serial number bar coding for easy and accurate maintenance history.
We have been proudly serving New York since 2016! No commercial fire safety job is too big for our team. Get in touch today for a free estimate.
Why A&J Fire Extinguisher?
Hundreds of Homeowners Have Trusted Us, Here's Why.
We offer free estimates for all
We accept all major credit cards
Our rates are very competitive
We strive to be eco-friendly and green
Call Us Today | Free Estimates
Types of extinguishers
ignited by common combustible materials (e.g. wood, trash, paper, plastics, cloth, rubber)
ignited by oil-based or other flammable liquid materials (e.g. solvents, oil, gasoline, paint)
ignited by the presence of electricity (such as from malfunctioning electronics/wiring, broken motors, controls, electronic appliances)
are the most common because they put out the majority of fires. Specialty fire extinguishers are placement based to deal with the types of fires that some rooms are more likely to have
Water extinguishers are only effective against type A fires
Foam fire extinguishers can extinguish cooking oils and fats from kitchen fires, making them noteworthy in kitchen suppression
Dry chemical extinguishers use different dry powder chemicals, such as sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate or monoammonium phosphate. These versatile fire extinguishers can combat A, B, and C fires
Carbon dioxide fire extinguishers use carbon dioxide gas to put out flames, and work best against B & C fires